“Agriplace and GlobalGAP have joined forces to simplify the CoC certification process via a webinar series. Participants in this interactive event can gain insight into how Agriplace helps Chain companies gain this new certification.
In January 2023, the GlobalGAP Chain of Custody (CoC) certificate will become a market requirement for traders selling products bearing the GlobalGAP label. Companies are thus increasingly taking the initiative to comply most efficiently.
What is “Chain of Custody”?
CoC certification guarantees that goods were produced according to GlobalGAP food safety standards. It also lets companies trace the products’ origin to ensure they come from certified producers and businesses. That traceability is essential to ensure food safety and quality and meet consumer demand for transparency.
Why is GlobalGAP CoC certification a must?
- To continue selling with a GlobalGap claim, you need GlobalGAP CoC certification to trade and separate products in a GlobalGAP-certified production process.
- Companies that label products with a GlobalGAP identification number (e.g., GGN or CoC Number) or participate in a GGN label initiative must be GlobalGAP CoC certified.
What are the benefits of GlobalGAP CoC certification?
- It ensures proper product sourcing and identification from a GlobalGAP-certified manufacturing process.
- It improves product integrity and supply chain transparency, adding value and reassuring clients.
- It protects goods from a GlobalGAP-certified production process against substitution or dilution with non-certified products.
On November 2, the ‘Agriplace Chain & Chain of Custody Certification process’ webinar will be held from 14:00 to 15:00. This one-hour webinar will give an overview of parts of the CoC certification process and how Agriplace can help companies prepare for and undergo an audit. The webinar’s key focus areas include:
- What you need for CoC input and output verification.
- CoC traceability requirements.
- Agriplace’s input and output verification.
- Traceability in the Agriplace Chain.
- The Agriplace Chain structure.
Who will be there?
Margarida Monteverde, Product Manager – Chain of Custody at GlobalGAP c/o FoodPLUS GmbH, and Agriplace Chain Account Executive Simon Elting will host the event on Agriplace’s behalf. They will explain how the platform helps users with CoC certification.
*This article is excerpted from freshplaza.com website, published 28th October 2022